Bits of me

My photo
Gilbert, Arizona, United States
5 things that pretty much explain me: *I love to bake *I am not short but "fun size" *A new pair of shoes always helps *My family is a part of me *I am the oldest of 5 (So I like to be in charge) ALSO: Everything is better and worse when you turn 30 BUT I am SO glad my 20's are over!

Monday, October 26, 2009

yummm...


This is what I did with part of my day off. Its really good!

Cranberry Pumpkin Bread
* Prep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling

Ingredients

* 3 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon each ground ginger, nutmeg and cloves
* 3 eggs
* 2 cups canned pumpkin
* 1 cup canola oil
* 2/3 cup sugar
* 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
* 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 1 cup dried cranberries
* 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted

Directions

* In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and spices. In another bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin, oil, sugars and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries and pecans.
* Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).

***I didnt toast the pecans and I used mini loaf pans.

No comments: