Bits of me

My photo
Gilbert, Arizona, United States
5 things that pretty much explain me: *I love to bake *I am not short but "fun size" *A new pair of shoes always helps *My family is a part of me *I am the oldest of 5 (So I like to be in charge) ALSO: Everything is better and worse when you turn 30 BUT I am SO glad my 20's are over!

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Tis the Season



I bought my first real live Christmas tree this year. I got it last Monday night. Its was after 9pm and it seemed like all the tree lots were closed but we found one open until 10pm on Mesa Dr and Brown. I got it for $50 plus $15 for the tree stand. It smells great! Its a Grand Fir. I felt like such a grown up getting my own tree. It didnt get decorated until Wednesday , Bonnie and her nieces were good enough to do it. My plan was to get a real tree this year and after the holidays get a fake pre-lit tree for cheap, but now I think I kind of like having a real tree. I'll have to see when its time to clean it up. It was born in Oregon and will die in my front room.

2 comments:

Jess said...

I can't believe I didn't even go and sniff it when I was there yesterday. I'm dumb.

Mary said...

Hi Vanessa
It's Mary Parmer (Anderson). My sister said she found you the other day on blogspot.
You are so freakin GORGEOUS!!! I even had my husband come check you out. He said you look great!
Anyways it is soo good to see you.
Your going to have to enjoy traveling for me too. Must be a lot of fun. Talk to you later.
Love Mary